Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pineapple Cupcakes

So I love baked goods, especially cupcakes. In fact a few people at work have taken to calling me valerie crocker since I bring in treats once a week usually. So I saw this recipe on skinny taste and decided it sounded very springy and delicious so I figured I would give it a try. It also got bonus points for being so very easy.

Ingredients


1 box butter yellow cake mix (reduced sugar if you can find it)
20oz can of crushed pineapple in juice

Directions

1. Mix both ingredients in a bowl and blend using a hand mixer.

2. Using a large cookie scoop, trust me it's the easiest neatest way to get all the cupcakes even, fill lined cupcake pans with batter evenly (makes 24 cupcakes).



3. Bake at 350 until cupcakes are set. It should take 20 minutes but check a couple of minutes early because every oven is different.

4. Cool completely then top as desired.

The recipe on skinny taste had a recipe for pineapple frosting but it had to always remain refrigerated which I didn't have the space for. Also, it wouldn't be possible when I took them to work in the morning. So I dug through my cabinets for other options and came across the following:



I figured it would make the perfect easy topping, plus it would look pretty. So I put a dollop of cream cheese frosting (about 1/2 tbsp) on each cupcake and then topped with a small slice of dried pineapple.



WWPP = 3PP per unfrosted cupcake and 1PP extra if you top it the way I did

No comments:

Post a Comment