Monday, April 18, 2011

Chicken Sausage Sun Dried Tomato Pizza

So yesterday at my weight watchers meeting they had a new cookbook, which of course makes me very excited and I obviously bought it immediately. It's a great looking book, full of quick and easy recipes: 30 minute, 20 minute and 15 minute ones.



Flipping though I saw a delicious pizza recipe: Turkey Sausage Tomato Basil Pizza. I was wanting to make it for dinner tonight but unfortunately I didn't have the exact ingredients as I hadn't been to the grocery store so I used the recipe as a jumping point for making a pizza from what I had on hand. It turned out great so I thought I would share.

Source: adapted from Weight Watchers Fresh, Fabulous, Fast

Ingredients
Boboli thin style pizza crust
1/4 cup pizza sauce
3/4 shredded part skim mozzarella
1/4 sun dried tomatoes
1/2 apple sausage link diced


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450 and put pizza crust on large cookie sheet (or pizza pan if you have one).

2. Dice up sun dried tomatoes and chicken sausage into even sized pieces.

3. Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce over the crust leaving room around the edge. Sprinkle the sausage and tomato pieces evenly over the pizza. Top with shredded mozzarella.



4. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown. Once done cut into eight pieces and enjoy!



WWPP = 8PP per serving (a serving is 2 slices or 1/4 pizza)

1 comment:

  1. I have this cookbook too and I LOVE the Zucchini Fritters recipe! I have made some modifications though. I double it since The BF can eat the entire batch alone, they keep well in the refrigerator and they heat up well. Also, I do not add Curry to the yogurt mix. I don't like Curry and the yogurt blend couldn't be more delicious!

    ReplyDelete